The Fisher Family

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super-fun Superbowl!!!


We had a super-fun Superbowl party!  Last year my oldest daughter had hosted it at her house.  This year we decided to have it at our house.  I really couldn't care less who won it this year but since we are closer to San Francisco I was cheering for the 49er's . All my kids and grandkids were cheering for the Ravens. What made it so fun was being together and all that good food.  The commercials are as fun or sometimes even more fun to watch than the game.   Not all my family could be there but we sure had fun with the ones that could.  April and two of her girls were sick so they were banned to the basement.  We missed them and felt sorry they were missing out on all the fun.  I haven't taken pictures of food since Thanksgiving but the spread below deserved  a picture.  To make things fun we had a bake off contest.  Below is a picture of the yummy deserts.  The grand prize went to my oldest granddaughter for the chocolate caramel pretzels.  Annie took first place for her strawberry trifle. (It was my favorite.)  She also made chocolate covered strawberries and some yummy cookies filled with both milk, semisweet, and white chocolate chips with reeses pieces  chips and m and m's.  A tie for 2nd place went to my son in law Jarom for his oreo truffles and my oldest daughter for her Symphony candy bar brownies.  She also made a delicious  chocolate bundt cake. 
Then there was the real food.  We had ham, turkey, and chicken salad dollar sandwiches, pulled barbecued chicken sandwiches, baked beans, 7 layer dip and chips, artichoke dip and chips, two cheese dips and crackers,  breaded mushrooms, meatballs, a veggie tray, chips and dip,and a big tossed salad.  I tried to taste everything and I make my self so sick.  But it all tasted so good! 
The drinks minus the chocolate milk requested by my oldest grandson.
This little cutie enjoyed tasting everything she could. I wore red for the team I was cheering for. 
The beginning
 of the game.
Later in the game.
When they got bored they played their own game.


We also had a contest to see who could predict the final score.  That was fun too.  Thanks everyone for your help.  It was a super fun party! 


3 comments:

Megan said...

The variety of food that you had looks delicious. I love the idea of having a contest to see who brings the best dish.

Kurt and Jordan said...

Next year I'm coming to your party that looked sooo yummy with all that food:) Glad you guys had a fun party!

The Miles Family said...

Looking at your super bowl feast pictures this late is not a good idea...now i'm hungry! It all looks delicious. You guys sure know how to throw a party. Loved looking at your pictures. Alyse's wedding pictures are beautiful and your trip to Mexico looked like a lot of fun!