The Fisher Family

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Called To Serve!!!

Last Oct. Conference the age of young women to serve missions was changed from 21 to 19. From the time that happen Annie kept asking me if I thought she should serve a mission.  I told her that it was between her and the Lord.  About a month ago she and I were driving in the car when she turned to me and said " Mom I am going to have to go on a mission! I have fought against it but I know it is what the Lord wants me to do so I am going to have to go!"  I began to cry both happy and sad tears.  I am so so happy that Annie has chosen to do what the Lord wants her to do.  I am sad because I will miss her so much.  It's kind  of bittersweet.  Once the decision was made all the preparations started and yesterday in the mail her call came.  She is holding it in the pictures below with her parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, the whole family. 

Opening the call.
Reading the call.
Annie has been called to serve in the Tahiti Papeete Mission and leaves in July.  We are all so excited for her!  She will be an awesome missionary.  I think I would really like to pick her up from her mission when she finishes!  That would be so fun.  Now all of our children will have served missions.  I think that is a little unusual since 4 of our five children are girls.  The picture below is random of my 6 and 4 year old granddaughters playing in the snow in our front yard.  We have had so much snow this winter and we are so ready for Spring so snow snow go away come again another day.  Like next winter!   


4 comments:

Megan said...

That is so exciting for Annie! I agree that it would be so fun to pick her up.

Kurt and Jordan said...

That is such big exciting news... Congratulations Annie:) You will have to let us know when her farewell is, we will definitely be there!!! I can't wait to tell Kurt the fun news!!! Congrats to everyone:)

Fisher Family said...

I am so happy you (Annie) decided to serve a mission! It is a wonderful choice! I am going to miss you but I know the wonderful people of Tahiti will be getting a wonderful sister missionary!

~Alyse

My Three little girls said...

Congratulations Annie you will be a good missionary:)