The Fisher Family

Monday, February 23, 2009

A More Grateful Heart

Last week I had the opportunity of spending a day working at the Bishops Storehouse. I had done it before but not for several years. My heart was touched by the experience I had there. I am in awe of my church, how organized they are, and how self sufficient they are . We have a Cannery where we volunteer to help produce food for the Bishop's storehouse. We ourselves have opportunities to can our own food there at a fraction of the cost we would pay for it in the store. How awesome is that! Much of the food that is available at the Bishops Storehouse was made at the Cannery by members of the church who have volunteered their time to do that. Every thing a family could need is available at the Bishops Storehouse from fresh fruits and vegetables to canned goods, dairy products, meats, breads, cereals, diapers, formula, clothing, bedding, material, threads, and other sewing needs, etc. I was humbled by my experience there. I came away with a gratefulness in my heart for what my church does for those in need. I was grateful for the service missionaries who give of their time to work there. I was touched by the people who were in need and were there getting the items their families needed with such grateful hearts. I came away from the experience with a tired body but a more grateful heart myself!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a blessing to do the Errand of Angels.

Eric said...

Sound like wonderful experince and grateful for church what do for us.

Fisher Family said...

Maybe next time you go I could go with you! Alyse