The Fisher Family

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Midnight 5K 2013 ( I Won Third Place!!!)

We had such a fun Memorial Day weekend.  Thursday night Annie and I took flowers to my parents graves and to Kim's parents graves.  The cemetery was starting to look beautiful with flowers already. 
Then Friday we headed down to St. George where Friday night me, Kim, April, Alyse, and Jarom all ran the Midnight 5K.  Annie chose not to run this year and was kind enough to watch April's two youngest while the rest of us participated in the race.  Eliza, April's oldest insisted on going with us.  We all had fun taking pictures of us in our glow in the dark bracelets and neck rings before the race.




I am really proud to say that I beat my time of two years ago by four minutes and my time last year while I was pushing a stroller by six minutes.  I am really proud that I took 3RD place in my age division and earned the cool glow in the dark metal that I am showing in the picture below.  I also won a free smoothie that I enjoyed on Saturday.  My son in law Jarom also won a third place metal in his age division so our family made a pretty good showing.  
A funny story during the race was that Eliza wanted to try and run the race instead of be pushed in the stroller.  So cute Alyse ran with her for about a mile when Eliza dramatically stopped held her side and said Alyse I just can't go any farther you go on with out me and win the race.  (She's six)  Alyse said I'm not going anywhere without you.  Hop in the stroller and I'll push you.









9  Anyway we all had a fun night!
Saturday we enjoyed taking rides in the golf cart and doing some bike riding.
We also had fun with April's girl's blowing bubbles.  It entertains them for a long time.
We took the girls to see the movie Epic and we all enjoyed it.  We had a nice dinner Sat. night at Olive Garden.  A big thanks to Annie who treated us.  Then before it got dark Kim and Annie rode their bikes down Snow Canyon.  We had a great weekend and I had so much fun winning my metal.  It made my day, I can hardly believe I won it:)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on winning! You guys are a fast family. I love that story about Elizs.

Fisher Family said...

Congratulations Mom! I am proud of you and Jarom for winning metals. It was a fun night and a fun weekend:) ALYSE

My Three little girls said...

It was a fun tip. Thanks for taking us. Good job mom on winning your metal:)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!