The Fisher Family

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hawaii 2011

We have just returned from my favorite place to visit HAWAII! We have some kind generous neighbors who own a condo on the beautiful garden island of Kauai. They provided us and another couple in our ward with a wonderful well needed vacation. We are very grateful to them for their generosity and for their fun companionship. They knew all the fun places to go. Below is a picture of Kim and I as we arrived in Kauai on Valentines day. We visited a famous botanical garden called the McBryde Garden and spent 2 and 1/2 hours wandering through this garden. It was amazing. I have posted just a few my favorite flowers we saw.





















We saw some huge sea turtles. If you look in the center of the picture down in the water is one of them. He looks like one of the rocks but if you look closely you can see the turtle.


This sign said to please not feed the feral cats and chickens. We didn't see any cats but the wild chickens were everywhere. At the beach, in the neighborhoods, outside shops, everywhere.

A blow hole.

Us by the blow hole.
We saw two Monk Seals that swam up on the beach while we were there. It was fun to see them sunbathing.
I love the beach!
One night we went to a beach where they allow bonfires. Below is Kim digging the hole for the fire.
Getting the fire started.


The local guy with the guitar provided the entertainment. Good food, fun music, the ocean, and a bonfire. It doesn't get much better than this!

Below is the beautiful condo we stayed at.


Kim picked me a Hibiscus flower to wear in my hair.
The beautiful waterfall that they always showed at the beginning of the TV show Fantasy Island.

One of the wild Roosters.


They were everywhere.

One of the beautiful beaches by the condo.
The view from the condo patio.

Kim with our friends at one of the beaches on the north side of the island.

One of my favorite beaches.


A cute lighthouse and a bird preserve.



Us with our friends.

It was hard to come home but as always good to be home too.

7 comments:

My Three little girls said...

Glad you had great trip and we survived while you were gone.

Chris said...

Hawaii is such a beautiful place. I am so glad that you got to go for a visit! Your pictures make me want to go for a visit.

Megan said...

Oops...I was accidentally signed into my husband's account. The above comment was from me.

Kurt and Jordan said...

Looks like you guys had a FUN trip! I would love to go to Hawaii someday!!! We sure miss you guys, we need to come visit!!!

Anonymous said...

Linda! How fun! How generous of your friends!! We're taking our kids to Kauai in a month....
Give me any tips you have, places to see, places to eat, etc!! e-mail me!
kk@gocoda.com

Liz and Dave said...

I am so jealous! I am so glad you guys had lot of fun. Your pictures are very nice. I'm hoping we make it there soon.

Bonnie said...

What a woderful trip Linda! I a so glad you were able to get away. Hey we will be in Utah in a few days for a few days. Call me at email me at
muir123@sbcglobal.net

I have lost your phone number because it wasn't on the sim card when I changed phones.