The Fisher Family

Friday, November 26, 2010

Being Grateful (Thanksgiving 2010)

The day before Thanksgiving was a bad day in fact it was just a really crappy day. I had several issues that had me really really upset! Then late afternoon the mail came and I received a cute Thanksgiving card from my missionary daughter. In the card she expressed such heartfelt gratitude for her parents, her siblings, her in laws, her nieces and nephews, her Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, the gospel, and her gratefulness to be serving a mission that my heart was touched deeply. Her card was a blessing to me. It made me remember that even though I may have problems (everybody does) I still have so much to be grateful for. My attitude changed and I started counting my blessings. It led me to have one of the very best Thanksgiving Days that I have ever had. In fact I can't imagine a more perfect day unless of course we could have had Alyse with us. My married kids all helped with so much of the meal it really made it easy. Thank you everyone! We had so much fun getting the dinner on, eating it and visiting with each other. We topped the day off with a cute movie.





Yes there is a carrot up his nose. He is such a goof.












The fun table.






The baby holder.









This would have been a perfect picture if two of my grandchildren hadn't run off before I snapped it.

The not so perfect picture of the grand kids. I'll try again at Christmas.

On a scale from one to ten this day was definitely a ten!

5 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun Thanksgiving day. It is difficult to get a good picture with toddlers attempting to run off. We also had that problem yesterday.

Bonnie said...

I kept looking for the goof-ball kid with a carrot up his nose, then I realized it was President Fisher! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Eric said...

Thanks for a great dinner and the fun movie. It was great to be with family.

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

I haven't look at your blog in awhile. What a good looking family. How fun that you could all be together minus Allyse. She's enjoying Thanksgiving in a special place. I look at your little granddaughter and think of Liz's just weighing 2.5 lbs. We take for granted healthy babies. We love you guys and hope you have a wonderful holiday.

The Miles Family said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving!!

Next time we visit...if you happen to have a vegetable tray and you offer us some...I think I'll pass on the baby carrots;)