The Fisher Family

Monday, December 22, 2008

Sibling Breakfast

For the past 14 years ever since my mother passed away my sisters and brothers have met the 3rd Saturday of every month to have breakfast together! The exceptions are my dear sister Carol who lives in Colorado and the years my sister Marilyn and myself were away serving missions for our church. Other than that come rain or shine we all make the effort to be there together. Our numbers have dwindled over the past couple of years with the passing of Jim and Earlene, my youngest and oldest siblings. They are very much missed as we meet each month. I'm grateful to have siblings who love and care about each other and want to keep our relationships strong by spending time together. My younger children usually attend with me and because of that they have gotten to know their Aunts and Uncles well, which I am grateful for. This past Saturday we met (at my children's favorite place for breakfast) and had our Christmas gift exchange. Everyone looked festive and it was nice to be together. I hope our 3rd Sat. of the month breakfasts will go on for many more years!





3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a fun tradition! I hope it goes on and on.

Fisher Family said...

Mom we love coming to your sibling breakfast with you especially if its at Mimi's! Best hot chocolate anywhere! Alyse and Annie

Eric said...

Mom we had so much fun with the family and having Santa came was fun part of this holiday season. Thanks mom!