The Fisher Family

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cookies, Elves, Santa

I have a dear friend who lives in our old neighborhood who has been hosting a Christmas cookie exchange luncheon for over 30 years. She is an amazing cook and in all those years has only repeated a menu for the luncheon one time. She is nice enough to include the neighbors who have moved out of the neighborhood. Her cookie exchange luncheons are one of my highlights of the Christmas season. It is so fun to go to her home and visit with old friends, have a delicious lunch and get to take home a plate of wonderful cookies. Thank you Nancy!
Below is Nancy with one of her daughters.

Alyse, Annie, and I enjoyed an afternoon at Gardner Village checking out some of Santa's Elves. We even had a few snowflakes falling as we looked around. It was very festive and fun!




Alyse is holding a cup of hot chocolate in the picture above(not coffee). It was cold!









I went with April to help her get a picture of Santa with her girls. Eliza was so excited and not one bit afraid of Santa. Brianna and Kaitlyn took one look and started screaming. April ended up being in the pictures with the girls so they would stop freaking out. All in all it turned out pretty good.

3 comments:

Megan said...

It looks like Christmas in Utah. It has been hard to remember it is December since moving to California.

Terri said...

Oh tell Nancy hello for me. That looks like such a fun tradition. I love Gardner Village during the holidays, It sure looked like a cold day. Have a great Christmas and take lots of pictures of my grandkids so I can steal them off your blog, (I think that is the only way I can get them sometimes).

Kurt and Jordan said...

I didn't know they had elves up at gardner village, we need to go there!! Loos like fun!! I love that your family is so close! What a fun idea, that cookie exchange, I might need to start one