The Fisher Family

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

St. George Marathon 09

I am so proud of my family members who participated in the St. George Marathon. To my husband Kim, my daughter and son in law Jennifer and Joel congratulations! Last year my daughter Jennifer ran/walked in the St. George Marathon. My family went down to watch her and support her. After seeing her do it Kim decided that he wanted to do it this year. I thought he was crazy but guess what, he did it! The race took place over the UEA weekend so both Alyse and Annie were out of school last Thur. and Fri. We left Thur. morning and headed for Las Vegas because a month ago when we were in St. George for Annie's volleyball tournament, she felt bad that the rest of us went to Vegas without her while she was practicing for volleyball. Annie's favorite things about Vegas was the roller coaster at New York, New York. (that's the one Alyse and I can't ride because we are not tall enough), and the M and M store. Below is a picture of Alyse and Annie at the M and M store. The M and M's were all dressed up for Halloween. Fri. morning before we headed to St. George we went to the Las Vegas Temple. It is beautiful as all the Temples are. Below are Kim, Alyse and Annie in front of the temple.
Annie, Alyse, and Linda.
Saturday morning bright and early we headed up Snow Canyon to the 15 mile mark of the race to cheer on the runners in the St. George Marathon. Below are the spectators Annie, Alyse, and Linda.
Here is Jennifer's son Mckay(my oldest grandson) Jenn's sister in law Amber and niece holding a sign cheering Jennifer on.
Below is Jennifer's sister in law Brooke. Her husbands family has lots of participants in the marathon.
Mckay standing on a mountain of rocks so Jenn could be sure and see her sign.
Family picture with Kim when he took a rest from the race to visit a minute.
Mckay
Jennifer and Kim
Here they come running !
Jennifer and Joel

Here comes Kim at the finish line! He is to the right of the guy in the red hat. Wow he did it! It brought tears to my eyes!
Kim receiving his medal!
Kim with his medal! We are all so proud of him!
Jennifer and Joel coming across the finish line!
We are really proud of them too!
Getting their medals.

Good job you guys! Can I just brag about Kim for a minute and say that he beat his daughter by a half hour and he is 26 years older than she is. We are grateful we were able to support all of you! It was a fun few days!

6 comments:

Bahrul Ulum said...

Hi ... Your post make me excited to
sports. Iam sorry if my english is bad. Iam from Indonesia.

Megan said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! I cannot imagine running that long.

Bonnie said...

And I struggle with a 5-K. I am proud of all of your finishers!

Brooke G said...

That was a great entry! I am glad you got good pictures of Jenn and Joel! It was awesome Joel, Jenn and Kim did so good!! I had a great time walking with Kim and Jenn for 3 hours!! Thanks for putting my photo in your blog! It is about time I found your blog!!

Brooke

Eric said...

way to go dad and jen. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

Terri said...

I am so glad you got so many really nice pictures of the race! I am so proud of Jenn and Kim! And Joel too!